Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
This paper offers an advanced exploration into the globalisation of China through interdisciplinary perspectives. Students will learn how to apply China-related knowledge to real-world situations. This paper is taught in English.
|Paper title||Global China (Advanced)|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$929.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 18 200-level CHIN or ANTH points
- GLBL 211
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- May not be credited with ASIA302 taken in 2016-2019.
- Teaching staff
All required readings are available for you as electronic reserve at the Otago Library as well as on Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of the paper, students will be able to
- Identify five dimensions of China's globalisation after 1979
- Explain the ways in which these five dimensions shape China's globalisation after 1979
- Relate these five dimensions of China's globalisation to real-world situations