Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A special topic in information science that may be either a lecture programme, or an individual supervised course of study.
|Paper title||Advanced Topics in Information Science|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,371.61|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 54 300-level INFO points
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BAppSc(Hons), BCom(Hons), BSc(Hons), MA, MAppSc, MBus, MCom, MSc, PGDipAppSc, PGDipArts, PGDipCom, PGDipSci, PGCertAppSc
- Admission subject to approval from the Head of Department.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Information Science's website
- Teaching staff
Assigned on a case-by-case basis, depending on the project.
- Paper Structure
Varies on a case-by-case basis, but typically project work over the course of the semester resulting in a final deliverable.
No textbooks are prescribed for this course.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Dependent on individual circumstances.