Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Advanced studies in criminal law and procedure.
This paper takes an advanced look at issues in Criminal Law, such as procedure/double jeopardy, drink-driving, drugs and consent in cases of sexual violation.
|Paper title||Advanced Criminal Law|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2022, expected to be offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$691.30|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- LAWS 201 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will have an in-depth knowledge of the areas of law covered.