Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Leadership literature and strategic evaluation of the importance of leaders for business and society, taking into consideration their responsibilities and decision-making from a variety of perspectives.
|Paper title||Leadership Development|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (17 January 2022 - 15 April 2022) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,132.73|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), PGDipCom, MSusBus, MCom
- The N1 distance occurrence of this paper is only available to students enrolled in the MSusBus programme.
- Enrolments for the N1 occurrence of this paper requires departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
To be advised when paper is next offered.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Understand how human resource practices contribute to the development of leaders
- Critically evaluate the role of ethics, integrity and trust in developing socially responsible leaders
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of strategic thinking in leadership decision-making