Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper is designed to introduce two-year MSc students to laboratory research from the commencement of their MSc studies. The results are presented in a brief written report and an oral presentation at the end of the first year. A passing mark in PLBI 495 at a B grade or better is required to advance to the thesis-only year of the two-year MSc degree programme.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,220.68|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- PLBI 496
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Professor Julian Eaton-Rye
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will develop proficiency in research design in preparation for the subsequent thesis-only research year.