Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Types of radiation, machine calibration, quality assurance systems, radiation detection and measurement, treatment and imaging technology, radioactive materials.
|Paper title||Radiation Technology II|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,141.18|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- RADT 127
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
Vosper, M., England, A., Major, V. (2020). Graham's Principles and Applications of Radiological Physics. (7th Edition). Elsevier
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Describe the role of the different types of radiation for use in radiation therapy
- Describe the processes of machine calibration and quality control
- Describe radiation detection and measurement
- Discuss quality assurance systems in radiation therapy
- Discuss treatment and imaging technologies in radiation therapy
- Discuss the use of radioactive materials in radiation therapy