A postgraduate research opportunity at the University of Otago.
- Academic background
- Host campus
- Postgraduate Diploma, Honours, Master’s
- Associate Professor Andrew Gorman, Dr Christina Riesselman, Dr Chris Moy
For several years, OCEN 323 has been running an annual field school to Stewart Island. During that time, we have developed a large dataset of seismic boomer data – complemented by CHIRP, multibeam, sediment samples and cores. The data are calling out to be integrated and analysed as a coherent package.
Projects could involve a wide range of topics including:
- Structural controls on the Paterson Inlet basin
- Glacial period environmental systems and erosional processes in the basin
- Holocene infill history
- Biogenic natural gas systems within the inlet
- GEOL 261/361 (geophysics)
- OCEN 323 (marine geology)
- GEOL 262/362 (geochemistry)