PPE students are encouraged to include a semester of international student exchange in their courses of study. You can participate in student exchange while moving forward with your degree and paying domestic fees. Early planning is the key to a successful student exchange experience.
It is best to complete your student exchange during your second year or the first term of your third year. In any case, your final semester of study must be completed at Otago. You should not plan to complete more than one 300-level paper overseas. Within these guidelines, your options for making progress on your degree during student exchange are nearly unlimited.
Otago Global Exchange partners who offer their own PPE programmes
Otago has exchange agreements with over ninety institutions around the world, and you can find appropriate course work at most of those. However, there are a few institutions that offer their own PPE programmes, and you might be especially interested in visiting one of these.
- Mount Allison University (Canada)
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Charles University (Czech Republic) (PDF format, 815KB)
- Durham University (UK)
- University of East Anglia (UK)
- University of Essex (UK)
- University of Exeter (UK)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- Leiden University (The Netherlands)
- University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
- University of North Carolina (USA)
- University of Richmond (USA)