Friday 1 November 2013 9:51am
A Walking & Tramping Guide
Essential guide to the many tracks and trails of the beautiful inland regions of the lower half of the South Island, with an emphasis on foothills and forests. The author has drawn on his extensive transalpine tramping experience and skills as a photographer to provide an indispensable guide.
In each chapter:
- Brief overview of the geography, vegetation and history of the region
- Maps showing locations of walks in each walk description
- Location and access information (including contact details for landowners)
- Walk time involved
- Difficulty grade (Easy to Hard+)
- Description of route and its attractions
- If needed, notes on the weather, terrain and equipment you may need to carry
About the author
PAT BARRETT is an active tramper and adventurer who has authored five South Island tramping guides. He has led three-week expeditions to Nepal and South America and competed in three Coast-to-Coast events as well as the Southern Traverse. He is a regular contributor to Wilderness magazine, The Press and the Dominion Post. He lives with his wife and three children in Christchurch.
Paperback, 210 x 148 mm, 192 pages, colour throughout, ISBN 978 1 877578 06 9, $40
Out of print