Pink tulip tree
Tree species:Magnolia campbellii “Charles Raffill”
The Quadrangle between the Clocktower and Geology Buildings.
This magnolia was donated and planted by Professor Geoff Baylis, Professor of Botany from 1945 to 1978, and Emeritus Professor from 1979 until his death in 2003.
It first flowered in 1978 and every year since has bloomed prolifically becoming one of the best known and most photographed tree on campus.