Tuesday 3 May 2016 12:20pm
BBC 4 science presenter and geneticist, Dr Adam Rutherford, discusses with New Zealand researchers how the eventual deciphering of the whole human genome will have implications for sex, paternity, medicine, weight control, species restoration and even human survival.
Recorded at live events in March, the Gene Genie series will be broadcast as The Sunday Feature on RNZ National 8 May–7 June.
Recordings are also available on The Royal Society's website:
Gene Genie series
Gene Genie programme
- The New Age of Genomics: 4pm 8 May and 9pm 10 May
- Family and Genealogy: 4pm 15 May and 9pm 17 May
- Genetics and Health: 4pm 22 May and 9pm 24 May
- Genetics and Disease: 4pm 29 May and 9pm 31 May
- Conservation Genomics: 4pm 5 June and 9pm 7 June
The Genetics and Disease episode (29 and 31 May) features esteemed researchers: