Student Rate - applicable to students of:
- Otago University
- Otago Polytechnic
- Otago University Language Centre
- Members (Staff, Youth, Whanau) of Unipol Recreation Centre
Public Rate - applicable to:
- Staff members of University of Otago
- All other members of the public
Discounts are at times available for extended hire periods:
- Excluding Snow Shed hires
- Valid (current years) student identification card must be presented at the time of the hire/booking.
- Members of the public must present a current driver’s license, or equivalent photo identification.
- Appropriate hire fee must be paid.
- Members of the public pay twice the listed student rate.
- $40 bond is required for some items, and from all individuals unless stipulated otherwise
- To be paid at the time of the hire and/or booking.
- Shall be refunded if returned in coincidence with the terms and conditions of the Acceptance of Responsibility.
The hirer must understand that they shall be using the equipment at their own risk, and that Recreation Services is not liable for any injury or accident caused by the use or possession of this property
Equipment will be returned on time and clean & undamaged.
- If equipment is returned late, the hirer shall pay for any extra days
- If equipment is damaged or mislaid, the hirer may lose their bond and/or be required to meet all costs associated with the repair/replacement of the item(s). Nor will they initiate any repairs on the equipment themselves.
- A cleaning fee may be charged if the equipment is returned in an unacceptable condition.
Conditions of 2)d)i-iv) are also applicable to facility hire/use.
- The hirer is responsible for the safekeeping of the equipment from collection until return
- It is required that all hirers sign the following “Acceptance of Responsibility” upon the hire of any equipment
- The listed items below are the property of Unipol Recreation Services. Hire is a privilege and therefore the equipment should be treated with care. I agree to take full responsibility for the hire and usage of the below equipment and will return it in the same state as it was hired by the agreed date. If not, I forfeit any bond and will pay the extra day(s) of hire. If damage occurs, I will notify Unipol Recreation Centre without initiation of repairs and will expect to be charged for any necessary repairs or replacement costs. Bonds may take up to 72 hours to process and may not be available upon return of equipment
- Prior bookings are not a necessity
- Prior bookings are however advised to ensure equipment availability
- Payments must be made at the time of booking
- May not be made more than five days in advance