Just as the sharp-sighted hōmiromiro bird keenly observes the tree trunks from the canopies and scans the horizon for dangers, Te Kōhanga Hōmiromiro observes the University of Otago.
A kaitiaki, guardian, of the University of Otago, Te Kōhanga Hōmiromiro guides and supports staff to operate in ways that protect themselves, each other, and the University.
We can assist with:
- Identifying and developing plans to manage risk
- Business continuity planning to help departments prepare for disruption or major events
- Understanding legal compliance obligations
- Audits to check whether appropriate controls are in place
- Assisting Operations Division staff with Information Management issues
Te Kōhanga Hōmiromiro is responsible for coordinating the University’s response in emergencies or major incidents.
We also play an important role in investigating possible frauds. Please contact us if you have any concerns about frauds or irregularities.
We welcome questions or enquiries – please contact us.