Welcome back to returning students and a warm welcome to 1st year Otago students.
Most fortnights, you will receive an e-newsletter (scarfie.com) to your student email with official notifications as well as other news of interest from the University and your Students’ Association, OUSA. Items may also be displayed on the digital screens in the Link. You can view a past editions of scarfie here
• Every five years, Stats NZ run the census – the official count of how many people and dwellings there are in New Zealand. By asking everyone to complete a set of questions about themselves and their household, they can capture a snapshot of who is living in, and visiting, New Zealand.
• From 23 February, households around the country will start to receive their access code letters. Once you receive your letter, you can take part on or before 6 March.
• The Census contact centre is available to assist, call 0800 CENSUS (0800 236 787) for support in English, Te Reo Māori, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Samoan, Tongan and Hindi.
• When you take part in this year’s census, either online, or by paper if you prefer, Stats NZ have safeguards and procedures in place to make sure your information is secure.
• Find out more about the 2018 Census
Each year for the last 125 years OUSA gathers together the best minds in comedy, the best actors and actresses, the best voices in barbershop singing, the best band, and some of the best of the worst Selwyn boys to do their (in)famous Selwyn Ballet. YOU can be part of this just by attending one of the three audition nights! There’s nothing to prepare, just come by yourself (or with a friend) and bring heaps of energy. Oh, you “don’t do theatre”? Don’t be alarmed! Most of our past cast hail from the great halls of law, medicine, and even commerce. This year is looking to be ‘Stranger’ than ever! Check out our Facebook event for dates, times and extra info. See you there…
The OUSA Clubs and Societies Centre is the ultimate student hub! It houses a variety of campus clubs and societies, provides a renowned recreation programme, provides a variety of services and has a wicked line up of rooms and spaces for students to book free of charge. Get along to OUSA to check out the 160+ Clubs and Socs that you can become a part of!
Come into Unipol and try out our epic group fitness classes for FREE. From Spin to Yogalates, Step to Pump they are all FREE with your 2018 student ID until Sun 4th March. There are over 35 classes per week so try them out before you buy (Full year membership - $88, Semester one membership - $68). Note: Bookings for Spin are essential, book your seat on-line. Check out the timetable.