Plan your time
- Add up total time available
- Calculate how many hours for each paper
- Divide study into ‘chunks’
- Fill in your time plan
Know what you need for the exam
- check and double-check your eVision portal for the date and time of your exams, and make sure you know where they are
- familiarise yourself with the Examination Rules
- make sure you have approved photo ID – your Student ID is preferred, however you can use a current passport or driver’s licence
- check with the course coordinators regarding the calculator provisions for your exams; if only approved calculators will be permitted, make sure you have access to one
Keep up motivation
- Alternate study tasks (hard/easy, mind-mapping, diagrams, cue cards etc.)
- Plan some rewards/treats for yourself
- Work with other students: studying together has been proven to be effective for many students
Body, mind & spirit
- Exercise regularly – it helps counteract any stress
- Get a good amount of sleep
- Share your challenges – talking helps
- Eat healthy – your body needs to be helped to put in a top performance
- Keep up your fluids (water!) – your body is 70% water
- Engage in positive self-talk: yes, exams can be stressful, but they are not the end of the world
Check out the exams page on the University's website for more info.
Stress is a common feeling over exam time. The good news is there’s lots you can do to manage stress and use it as a positive force. Check out these tips on managing exam stress on our website.
Getting some regular exercise is one of the most important things you can do to manage stress. Unipol is offering $2 group fitness classes from 15th Oct - 10th Nov (for students with valid ID). Come on down and bust that stress!
More info and the timetable are on Unipol’s website.
HEDC Student Learning Development workshops
There are still places in workshops to help you prepare for exams and thesis writing if you’re a postgrad.
Visit their Facebook page for more info and tips.
Subsidised IT classes
There’s more computer courses coming up from our IT people:
Book online using your credit card.
Come along to relax and unwind in the University Mediation room, top floor of the University Union Building each Wednesday 12:10-12:30pm. Inquiries to Olivia Dawson, University Chaplain, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The mediation room is available to all students for time out and quiet reflection. Email Greg Hughson, University Chaplain email@example.com for swipe access to this room.