The PGDipSciComm is an excellent option for those who want an immersive exposure to science communication. After a year, students have developed the skills of a professional science communicator and a marketable portfolio of work.
The Department of Science Communication offers three endorsements in the PGDipSciComm: Creative Non-Fiction Writing in Science (CNWS), Science and Natural History Filmmaking (SNHF) and Science in Society (SSOC).
Students are required to take six papers from the list below. For full-time students, the degree can be completed in one academic year and allows flexibility for the CNWS and SSOC students to begin coursework at the start of either semester. Part-time students can spread their 120-credit degree requirements over the course of two years.
For further information regarding the Diploma option, or to discuss whether it is the right fit for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SCOM 402 The Craft of Storytelling (20 pts; Semester 1)
- SCOM 409 Introduction to Science Communication (20 pts; Semester 1)
- SCOM 404 Science Communication Internship (20 pts; Semesters 1 and 2)
- SCOM 403 Science and Creative Non-Fiction Writing (20 pts; Semester 2)
- SCOM 406 Science Communication Strategies and Resources (20 pts; Semester 2)
- SCOM 411 The Techniques of Natural History and Science Filmmaking I (20 pts; Semester 2)
- SCOM 412 The Techniques of Natural History and Science Filmmaking II (20 pts; Semester 2)