ATOM is the Science Students Association... they provide you with
- the Science Ball and other social events
- friendly advice on how to handle being a science student
- how to transition from First Year Health Science and
- a student voice.
Te Rōpu Pūtaiao (TRP)
The objectives of Te Rōpu Pūtaiao are:
- To create and foster relationships between Māori students in the Division of Sciences across all year levels with a particular emphasis on Māori principles such as Tuakana/Teina
- Encourage and motivate excellence in the academic arena through the promotion of tutorials and peer support
- To facilitate a deeper understanding of how the university system works
Membership of Te Rōpu Pūtaiao : Membership is automatic for any Māori student currently enrolled in a degree within the Division of Sciences or students enrolled in science papers.
Activities: TRP provides study space in Union Court each Friday afternoon; runs exam workshops at the end of each semester; supports the Divisional orientation for new students at the start of each semester.
Contact Mariana Te Pou for information, email email@example.com
PEMA ( PE Māori Association)
To encourage academic excellence of Māori Physical Education students by fostering and creating relationships across year levels, utilising Māori principles such as Tuakana/Teina.
Visit: upstairs in Smithells Gym, Cumberland Street
SPENZ (School of Physical Education New Zealand)
The School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science has always had a strong reputation for friendliness and student camaraderie. The SPENZ group helps that along with a range of social events. Email them for more information.
Otago's Psychology Department is large and covers a wide range of research, much of it world-leading.