This service provides co-ordinated, flexible, University-wide administration support that will reduce duplication, silos and costs while also making it easier to handle peaks in demand and resource-intensive tasks.
Staff are embedded in departments, but report to Shared Services, freeing department heads, deans and academic staff to focus on their core activities.
The service will develop consistent standards and processes so it is easier to get things done across the University.
Senior Managers Operations/Client Services
- Embedded in the academic and service divisions
- Manage all administration support staff and services across a division/divisions
- Take a University-wide approach to providing support – working closely together, sharing ideas and best practice, and addressing issues
- Have a strong customer service orientation and commitment to continuous improvements in quality and processes
- Work in partnership with Pro-Vice-Chancellors and senior leaders in service divisions to ensure services are meeting their needs
- Assigned to one or more schools in Health Sciences
- Assigned to one or more service divisions
- Manage all administration support staff and services in those areas
Lead Administrator Operations/Client Services
- Report to Senior Manager Client Services (or Manager Client Services in the health science and service divisions)
- Provide proactive coordination and administration support to work area/s
- Coordinate the tasks of staff reporting to them
- Are embedded across the University in departments, schools, divisional offices and service divisions
- Complete and coordinate tasks with other areas in support of department heads and deans etc
Administrator Operations/Client Services
- Report to Senior Manager Client Services/Manager Client Services/Lead Administrator Client Services depending on the size of their area of responsibility
- Are first point of contact for departments and divisions
- Are embedded across the University
- Coordinate day-to-day support services to staff, students, visitors etc
- Have varying responsibilities depending on their area’s needs
- Complete tasks and coordinate tasks with other support services
- Report to Manager Client Services or Lead Administrator Client Services
- These administrators are for clinics that are used to train students, and provide health services to the public, staff and students – for example, in the Faculty of Dentistry and School of Physiotherapy.
- Their tasks can include reception services, registering patients, updating patient information, booking appointments for patients, managing wait lists etc
Team Leader Administration Support Services
- Heads a team of 10 staff deployed as needed to provide extra administration support – e.g. for a piece of resource-intensive work
- The staff will fill a variety of roles across the University
- For the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Pro-Vice-Chancellors, Chief Operating Officer and some Directors, based on the size of their portfolios.
- Provide confidential, high-level executive secretarial and administrative support
- Point of contact for senior leader
- Analyse and assess requests, and respond to issues, inquiries and communications on behalf of the senior leader/s
- Draft, prepare, coordinate and review information