The Sir Thomas Sidey Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended to support outstanding graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level to undertake a postdoctoral fellowship in the Sir John Walsh Research Institute. Their purpose is to attract or retain candidates of the highest calibre to undertake research and teaching in the Faculty of Dentistry.
Our Sir Thomas Sidey Postdoctoral Fellowship round has concluded for 2018. We anticipate being able to offer this Fellowship opportunity again in early 2019.
For all postgraduate enquiries contact us by email at:
The SJWRI PhD Scholarship is a prestigious award to support doctoral research in the Sir John Walsh Research Institute. The Scholarship consists of a NZ$20,000 stipend per annum for three years (if full-time) plus domestic tuition fees for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance).
The primary supervisor of the successful applicant will also receive a NZ$3,000 project seeding grant to cover initial research expenses.
Our SJWRI PhD Scholarship funding round has concluded for 2018. We anticipate being able to offer this opportunity again in early 2019.
Postgraduate students conduct a wide range of research within the Sir John Walsh Research Institute. Please visit our Research page to learn more about areas of research strength within the SJWRI.
University of Otago:
- Postgraduate study
- PhD apply for study
- Postgraduate study in the Faculty of Dentistry
- Master of Community Dentistry (MComDent)
- Faculty of Dentistry scholarships
- The Otago Post (Postgraduate newsletter)
Support and information for students:
- University of Otago website
- Faculty of Dentistry website
- Māori studying Health Sciences
- Pasifika students studying Health Sciences
- NZ secondary school students
Forensic Biology summer school course
- FORB201 Forensic Biology course description
- Contact details for Dr Angela Clark, FORB201 Coordinator