PhD Candidate - Māori Physical Education and Health
Dr Anne-Marie Jackson
Dr Hauiti Hakopa
Professor Richard Walter
Heretaunga ararau: Reconnecting to whakapapa (Title TBC)
- 2017 Red Cross First Aid Certificate
- 2016 Masters in Physical Education with Distinction, University of Otago
- 2016 Certificate in Te Ara Reo Māori, Level 4, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- 2016 Outdoor First Aid Certificate
- 2015 Certificate in Te Ara Reo Māori, Level 2, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- 2015 Postgraduate Diploma of Physical Education with Distinction, University of Otago
- 2014 Bachelor of Physical Education majoring in Exercise Prescription and Professional Studies, University of Otago
- 2011 Maritime VHF Operator Certificate, Coastguard Boating Education, New Zealand.
- Jackson, A., Hakopa, H., Jackson, S., Phillips, C., Karaka, D., Stevenson, K., Pohatu, L., McDowell, G., Cunningham, C., Mita, N., Pocklington, H & Barsdell, H. (2015). "Te Koronga: Pathways of Māori Postgraduate Research Excellence: Part 1." (pp. 93-100). Proceedings of Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga International Indigenous Development Conference 2014. Auckland: Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga.
- 2017, November (Conference presentation) Reconnection to Whakapapa, MAI Doctoral Conference, Massy University, Palmerston North.
- 2017, September (3 mintue thesis presentation) Mapping our Pēpeha, Te wiki o te reo Symposium, Hoken Library, Dunedin.
- 2017, May, (Presentation) Reconnection to Whakapapa, Southern Cross University, Lismore, Australia
- 2017, March (Round table presentation) Nō wai, Ko wai?, He Manawa Whenua, Hamilton
- 2016, September (Conference Presentation) Nō wai, Ko wai?: The influence of whakapapa on Health and Well-being, Physiotheraphy NZ Conference, Auckland
- 2016, May (Conference Presentation) Nō wai, Ko wai?: The influence of whakapapa on Health and Well-being, Native American and Indigenous Association Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii
- 2016, August (3 mintue thesis) Whānau and Whakapapa, Te Rōpu Pūtaiao Postgraduate Symposium, OUSA, Dunedin
- 2015, June (Conference Presentation),The Influence of Whakapapa on Health, He Manawa Whenua Indigenous Research Conference, Hamilton
- 2015, Feburary (Student Internship presentation), The mulitple Names of Tāne: What is the connection to Health, Toi Tangata Hui-a-tau, Dunedin
- 2018 Ngāi Tahu Kā pūtea Engagement Scholarship
- 2017 University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship
- 2016-17 Ngā Pae o te Maramatanga Summer Internship
- 2016 University of Otago Postgraduate Writing Bursary
- 2016 Ngāi Tahu Kā Pūtea Grant
- 2015 University of Otago Māori Masters Scholarship
- 2015 Ngāti Kahungunu Scholarship
- 2015 Ngāi Tahu Kā Pūtea Grant
- 2015-16 Toi Tangata Summer Internship Scholarship
- 2014 Hauora Māori Scholarship
- 2014 Ngāi Tahu Kā Pūtea Grant
- 2011-13 Te Tai Whenua o Heretaunga Scholarship
Basketball, Football and walking maunga.