PhD Candidate - Exercise Physiology
Dr. Nancy Rehrer, Dr. Meredith Peddie (Dept. of Human Nutrition)
Protein, Exercise, and IGF-1
- (In Progress) PhD Physical Education, University of Otago, New Zealand
- (2015) MS Kinesiology, California State University, Fullerton
- (2013) BS Bioengineering, University of Maryland
- (2013) Honors College Citation, University of Maryland Honors College
- (Passed: April 2013) Fundamentals of Engineering Exam for Mechanical Engineering
- Wellmon R, Gulick D, Paterson M, & Gulick C. (2016). "Validity & reliability of 2 goniometric mobile apps: Device, application & examiner factors." Journal of Sport Rehabilitation. 25(4):371-379. doi: 10.1123/jsr.2015-0041. Epub 2016 Aug 24.
- Gulick C, Coburn J, Galpin A, & Costa P. (2016). "Relationships for MMG amplitude and frequency vs. torque in women with higher vs. lower strength." Isokinetics and Exercise Science 24(4), 295-300.
- Gulick C, Coburn J, Galpin A,& Costa P. (2016). "Relationships for MMG Amplitude and Frequency vs. Torque in Women with Higher vs. Lower Strength." Abstract published in Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise V48:5. vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 295-300, 2016
- Gulick C, & Gulick D. (2016). "Use of Dynamic Tape for Upper Extremity Support." Journal of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Practice.
- Galpin A, & Gulick C. (2015). "The Influence of a Padded Hand Wrap on Punching Force in Elite and Untrained Punchers." International Journal of Kinesiology & Sports Science. 3(4).
- Gulick D, Fagnani J, & Gulick C. (2015). "Comparison of Muscle Activation of Hip Belt Squat & Barbell Back Squat Techniques." Isokinetics and Exercise Science 23, 101-108.
- Gulick C. (2012). "Wheelchair Stowaway Bag." Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy: GeriNotes.
- Gulick C. (2012). "Weighted Disc Wheel Training for Elite Level Track Cycling Sprinters." The Sport Digest United States Sports Academy.
- Gulick C. (2011). "Adverse Medication Response of an Elite Athlete: A Case Review." Athletic Therapy Today.
- Gulick C, Coburn J, Galpin A, Costa P. (2016). Relationships for MMG Amplitude and Frequency vs. Torque in Women with Higher vs. Lower Strength. Thematic Poster Presentation for ACSM.
- Olympic Training Center Invited Speaker to athletes and coaches on the topic of strength and conditioning for beach volleyball. Invited by USA Beach Volleyball National Team Camp. Dec 2015, Chula Vista, CA
- Wellmon R, Gulick D, Paterson M, Gulick C. (2015) Concurrent Validity and Interrater Reliability of Two Goniometric Mobile Applications. Poster Presentation for APTA Combined Sections.
- Gulick C, Jacobo K, Brown L, Costa P, Schilling B, Galpin A. (2014). Reliability of a Commercial Device Designed to Measure Punching Impact. Poster Presentation at SWACSM.
- Jacobo K, Gulick C, Brown L, Costa P, Schilling B, Galpin A. (2014). Influence of Hand Padding on Punching Impact. Poster Presentation at SWACSM.
- Gulick D, Fagnani J, Gulick C. (2014). Comparison of Muscle Activation of Hip Belt Squat & Barbell Back Squat Techniques. Poster Presentation at EATA.
- Gulick C, Roth A, Hoffman H, Querido L, Russell J. (2013). Sit-to-Stand Device to Exercise Critically Ill Patients Suffering from Disuse Muscle Atrophy. Poster Presentation A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland.
University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship
- (August 2014-2016) University of Maryland Student-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship Award Winner
- (May 2013) University of Maryland Student-Athlete Certificate Award Winner
- (May 2013) Bioengineering Capstone Most Patentable Invention Award Winner
- (May 2013) Bioengineering Capstone Poster Presentation Student Choice Award Winner
- (April 2012) Glamour Magazine Top Ten College Women Award Winner
- (March 2011) University of Maryland Honors Best Scholarly Project Award Winner: Wheelchair Stowaway Bag
Cycling, field hockey, anything active.