Proposed New Undergraduate level courses
The School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences staff are pleased to announce our new curriculum starting in 2019 (subject to final approval). A major curriculum review such as this has not been undertaken since the 1990s.
The new curriculum reflects our world-leading QS ranking of 12th in the world, and our number 1 ranking of any department in our discipline in New Zealand.
We undertook extensive consultation with stakeholder groups, students, alumni and employers to ensure we have an innovative curriculum, located in our research strengths, that meets new directions in physical education, sport and exercise sciences.
The new majors each sit within existing 3-year degree structures. There are three new majors:
- Bachelor of Applied Science majoring in Physical Education, Activity and Health - Download Infosheet
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Exercise and Sport Science - Download Infosheet
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts majoring in Sport Development and Management - Download Infosheet
These majors join the existing major that is hosted in the School
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Sports Technology - Download Infosheet.
These new majors and degree structures will offer students clear career pathways as well as opportunities for postgraduate study.
For the first time, students now have the opportunity to take a minor from within the School. The minors are:
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Sport Development and Management
- Physical Activity and Health
- Sports Technology
What are the entrance criteria?
The entrance criteria is University Entrance, refer to Otago website for more detail
Otago students have a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of our global student exchange/study abroad programme.
We accept applications for entry into the programmes offered by the School throughout the year.
For specific course related advice email: email@example.com
** NOTICE: PROPOSED NEW CURRICULUM 2019 **