We help you make the most of your time at Otago
The Student Services Division supports you on your adventure by working in partnership with the University community to provide high quality, innovative, and accessible services. Access a wide range of services, from career advice, support for Māori and Pacific Islands students, disability-related study support, to recreation and Student Health, as well as information about Student ID Cards, Justices of the Peace and Chaplains.
What Student Services does for you
It’s our job to foster a caring, positive, unique student experience and campus environment for everyone at the University of Otago to enjoy. Our staff strive to provide quality co‑ordinated services that are student-focused and are integrated with those of the wider University community.
We enable you to have an amazing student experience by:
- Supporting a safe and stimulating learning environment
- Developing, in partnership with academic staff, an environment that improves student retention and achievement
- Recognising and celebrating the diversity of the University community
- Improving recruitment, retention, achievement and future employment of Māori students through the provision of responsive services
- Improving recruitment, retention, achievement and future employment of Pacific Islands students through the provision of responsive services
- Supporting a healthy campus environment
Read our Vision and Mission Statements to learn more about the work of Student Services:
View our organisational charts
Take a look at the organisational charts for the: