The ID Card Office issues ID cards for all students and staff, as well as contractors and visitors to departments.
Student cards display your name, username, and student number. After hours building access is set and authorised by your department.
How to get your ID card
Wait at least 24 hours after completing your Declaration before you go to get your ID Card.
Before you to go the ID Card Office to get your ID card, please check you have done the following:
- Checked your enrolment status in your eVision record.
- Completed your Declaration and waited at least 24 Hours.
Take one of these acceptable forms of photo identifcation – No other forms of identity are accepted:
- Preceding year's University of Otago student ID Card
- Full Passport
- New Zealand Drivers Licence
- 18+ Card
- New Zealand Firearms Licence
If you do not have one of the above forms of identity, please ask at the ID Card Office for a 'Proof of Identity Form'.
How to get your ID Card if you are a student off the Dunedin campus (includes distance students)
Normal opening hours
- 9am–4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Semester break hours
10am–2pm, Monday to Friday
- Student ID cards
- Staff ID cards
- Visiting students and staff
- Lost, Found, Replacement ID Cards
- Pin and Password
- Identity Card Sector Allocation Policy
- Identity Card Issuing Policy
- University ID Cards and Proximity Readers
Contact the ID Card Office
Contact details for the ID Card Office
ID Card Office location
University of Otago
Information Services Building
Corner of Cumberland and Albany Streets