All staff at the University of Otago require an ID card.
Why you need a staff ID Card
All full-time staff are expected to obtain an ID card which is needed to:
- Provide identification that you are a staff member
- Allow use of the University Libraries
- Provide after hours access to University buildings and rooms within those buildings, which your department will need to arrange with the appropriate staff on your campus
- Access to some other services, e.g. printing/copying
Administration of the cards is the responsibility of the office of the Director of Student Services, the card sponsor.
What needs to happen before you can obtain an ID card
- Your department ensures Human Resources has all the required information, such as IRD Number, date of birth and bank account details
- A Payroll number is generated
- The ID Card Office is sent the necessary data to produce your card
Picking up your ID card (Dunedin campus staff only)
Wait 48 hours
Please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer of data to the ID Card Office before visiting the Office.
Take another form of ID
When you pick it up, remember to take appropriate ID.