Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt)Apply Now
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Christchurch campus in 2023
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Dunedin campus in 2023
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) through the Wellington campus in 2023
The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt) is a programme of study that draws equally on public health and business administration. Participants study public health papers covering health systems, policy, and health economics, plus a suite of recommended business papers.
Those most likely to benefit from the programme are health professionals moving into managerial roles, managers taking up positions in the health sector, and those in existing health management positions seeking both to advance their skills, and to enhance their understanding of the sector and their role within it.
The programme, aside from its academic and vocational relevance, also provides students with an opportunity to work with colleagues drawn from a range of health and management backgrounds.
|Points required||120 points|
|Duration||1 year full-time |
2 years part-time
|Start date||February, April, July, September|
- Public health papers from the following schedule, to the value of 60 points:
- Plus approved papers from the schedule for the Master of Business Administration to the value of 60 points. Recommended topics include:
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting Control
- Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Management
When you’re ready, click the ‘Apply Now’ button in the top right hand corner of the webpage for the programme you wish to enrol in. This takes you to eVision where you will create your 'student portal'. Your eVision portal will be your one-stop shop for study-related information. Using eVision you can apply to study, access all important study-related information, examination results, and maintain your personal information. eVision is accessible anytime, anywhere using the internet and mobile devices.
Please note, with the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management, you are required initially to enrol with the University of Otago. Please talk to the University of Otago administrator for guidance on this process, see contact details below.
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt)
- Christchurch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunedin: email@example.com
- Wellington: firstname.lastname@example.org