|Closing date||20 February|
Christopher George Burks (1973-1999) was a student at Carrington College from 1992 until 1996. Chris was Vice President of the Students' Association from 1993 to 1995 and President in 1996. He graduated from the University of Otago in 1996 with a BSc in Information Science and in 1997 with a BA in Psychology.
Throughout his time at Carrington College Chris put himself second. His commitment first and foremost was to the Hall and all other residents. This generous spirit earned him the respect of both staff and students who came to realise his motives and actions were unselfish and always for the good of the Carrington community.
Carrington College and the University of Otago are pleased to be able to offer this award to assist second year students with their academic progress at the University of Otago.
Applicants must be:
- In their second year of residence at Carrington College
- Considered to have made an exceptional contribution to the welfare of other students of Carrington College
- Enrolled full-time for a first undergraduate degree at the University of Otago
- Under 25 years of age on 1 February in the year of application
- History of contribution to other student's welfare, personality, and academic and leadership qualities will be the primary criteria by which recipients are selected.