|Number Offered||One per year|
|Closing Date||01 October|
Established by the University of Otago Council in 2014, through the provision of funding from the
2009-2015 Chancellor, John F Ward, this scholarship aims to support students from Verdon College
in Invercargill to undertake undergraduate studies at the University of Otago.
The scholarship is open to students who are:
- Current pupils of Verdon College, Invercargill.
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Enrolled at the University of Otago in the year following application.
- The successful candidate may not be a recipient of an Invercargill Licensing Trust Scholarship.
- The JF Ward Verdon College Scholarship may be held concurrently with a University of Otago scholarship, subject to the regulations of that scholarship, but the remuneration for the other scholarships may not be paid.
The JF Ward Verdon College Scholarship may be held concurrently with an external scholarship valued equal to or less than $3,000.
- The scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year.
- The scholarship is to be administered against University of Otago Residential College or tuition fees.
- The value of the scholarship will be reviewed from time to time.
The scholarship needs to be taken up in the year after it is awarded.
Award of the scholarship is dependent on the recipient being admitted to the University