|Eligible students||International students enrolling in the University of Otago Pathway programme (Foundation Studies Certificate), on campus or online from outside of New Zealand in 2022|
|Value||NZ$3,000 for tuition fees|
|For how long||8 months – applies to a student’s first enrolment in the Pathway programme only|
|For study beginning in||February, June or October 2022|
Applications are accepted throughout the year
The Otago International Pathway Scholarship enables ambitious students to pursue their academic study goals, by supporting them in their preparation for further study at the University of Otago.
Students must meet the following requirements:
- International students who are not citizens, permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have gained admission to the Foundation Studies Certificate through meeting both academic and English entry requirements, as outlined on the Otago website, and
- Are subject to paying international tuition fees; and
- Are enrolling in the Foundation Studies Certificate for the first time.
This scholarship applies to the Foundation Studies Certificate, offered either on campus or online for students outside of New Zealand.
Students who have had their applications deferred from 2021 or a previous year, are eligible to be considered for this scholarship. Applicants will be reassessed for the scholarship to ensure they are still eligible.
Students will be assessed for a scholarship on application for their programme and recipients will be advised of their scholarship in the Offer of Place.
Selection of scholarship recipients is at the discretion of the University of Otago.
- Students sponsored by their home Government or the New Zealand Government are not eligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is redeemable only as a credit towards tuition fees.
- This scholarship can only be awarded to a student once, even if they were to enrol in the programme again.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible.
- Unless an exception is specified, this scholarship cannot normally be held concurrently with other scholarships.
- In order to receive the scholarship, recipients must be enrolled and studying towards the Foundation Studies Certificate.
- If the student is not able to commence their studies by the enrolment date stated in their Offer of Place, the scholarship is no longer valid. If the student’s enrolment is moved to a subsequent start date, they will be reassessed for the scholarship to ensure they are still eligible.
- This scholarship will not appear on the recipient’s academic transcript.
- Recipients agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
- The University of Otago may, at any time, suspend or terminate the scholarship, or require the forfeiture of such proportion of the scholarship as the University of Otago may determine, if it is not satisfied that the recipient is enrolled and studying full-time and diligently pursuing a full-time programme or if the recipient has brought the University of Otago or the scholarship into disrepute.
- Upon the termination of a student’s enrolment for any reason, including his or her withdrawal, entitlement to scholarship funding shall be cancelled. In such circumstances, the University may also require repayment (in part or full) of any scholarship payments already made.
* Australian citizens, permanent residents and resident visa holders may be eligible for this scholarship if they are residing outside of New Zealand at the time of study, as they would then be subject to paying international fees.