Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated May, 2018
- Essex course descriptions
- Understanding module codes
- The online module directory indicates which modules are available to exchange students.
- Students are only permitted to take modules from the Colchester or Southend campus. Please note that it is not possible to study at Colchester and Southend at the same time.
- Students are not permitted to take non-credited modules.
- Academic Year: October – June
- Autumn term: October - December
- Spring term: January - March
- Summer term: April - June
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
Full time is normally 4 courses per term.
Exceptions are in some Science disciplines where students may need to take 5 or 6 courses per term. A full year student will normally obtain 32 credits. An autumn term-only student will normally obtain 12 credits. A student at Essex for the spring and summer terms will normally obtain 16-20 credits.
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
- Full year stundents are eligible for University accommodation, provided they apply by the accommodation guarantee deadline.
- One semester students will need to find their own off-campus accommodation. Essex will provide a list of resources to aid your search.
- See full accommodation information
Estimated Cost of Living
- £3,900 to £6,700 per semester.
- £1,015 per month is the minimum cost of living as recommended by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for studying outside London.
- Essex Cost of Living
Student Visa and Insurance
Information on Student Visas and Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2017 S2 BSc PSYC LLB CS (658K PDF format)
- 2016 S1 LLB BSc NEUR CP (696K PDF format)
- 2015 S2 LLB PSYC MR (225K PDF format)
- 2015 S2 BSc INFO NB (625K PDF format)
The University, City and Region
The original University campus is based at Wivenhoe Park on the outskirts of Colchester in north Essex. Set in over 200 acres of attractive parkland, much of it landscaped in the eighteenth century, the Colchester Campus is a mixture of 1960s buildings and more recent additions including the recently opened 1000-seater Ivor Crewe Lecture Hall.
Sixteen of the University’s academic departments are based at the Colchester Campus. They are housed in a series of bustling squares, all inter-linked, designed by architect Kenneth Capon. The close proximity of the academic departments was designed to reflect, and nurture, the inter-disciplinary nature of teaching and research at the University.
The University of Essex is one of the UK’s leading academic institutions, rated tenth nationally for research excellence.
High academic rankings and international outlook ensure the University is both well known and respected around the world, for its excellence in teaching and innovation.
All the campuses are less than one hour from central London. The University’s largest campus is based in beautiful parkland at Colchester. Essex has a further state-of-the-art campus at Southend, with the East 15 Acting school based at Loughton.
The City of Colchester and Region
Beautiful countryside and lively towns
Essex is a county in the east of England and is situated to the north east of London. From pretty villages set in peaceful surroundings to busy market towns steeped in history, from tranquil walks along wide sandy beaches to town centres brimming with history and culture, there is plenty on offer in the beautiful county of Essex.
One hour from London
Essex has excellent links by rail and road into central London. Trains run between central London and both Colchester and Southend at a frequency of around four trains per hour during the day. The journey takes under an hour. The University’s East 15 Acting School is approximately 45 minutes from central London on the London Underground Tube Network.
A gateway to Europe
Stansted (London’s third international airport) is just 45 minutes away from all three campuses. Coach and bus services run between Stansted and the University’s Colchester Campus every hour during the day. There is also a coach service which runs between Stansted and Southend town centre.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email email@example.com