Sent 23 February 2018
In this project update for the Support Services Review there are details about upcoming staff information sessions, current and upcoming vacancies, and role confirmations.
We encourage staff to continue to send through any questions or comments for this newsletter or the website using the ‘Have your say’ form.
We are pleased to announce the following appointments at Director and Manager level have been made:
- Director, Shared Services Division: David Tapp (Effective: 19 March)
- Senior Manager, Client Services (Shared Services)
- Health Sciences: Andrea Howard (Effective: 26 February)
- Division of Sciences: Cathy Thomson (Effective: 19 February)
- Division of Humanities: Niky Hunt (Naomi Weaver acting. Effective: 19 February)
- Division of Commerce: Lornae Straith (Effective: 19 February)
- Service Divisions: Marj Wright (Effective: 5 March)
- Senior Manager, Project Management Office: Andrew Jenkins (Effective: 30 April)
- Senior Manager, Finance Advisory (FSD): Sheryl Logie (Effective: 15 January)
- Manager, Divisional Finance
- Health Sciences: Andrea Wolf (Effective: 26 February)
- Division of Sciences: Brett Dailey (Effective: Half-time from 26 February)
- Divisions of Humanities and Commerce: Quentin Johnson (Effective: 19 March)
- Operations Divisions: Katherine Hendry (Effective: 13 March)
- Service Divisions: Sarah Browne (Effective: 13 March)
- Enterprise Architect (ITS): Dave Maclaurin (Effective: 1 February)
The intended recruitment activity for the coming is as follows:
POSITIONS CURRENTLY SHORT-LISTING / INTERVIEWING:
- Head of Operations Services, Shared Services
- Senior Manager, IT Information Systems (ITS)
- Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure (ITS)
- Senior Manager IT Projects Unit (ITS)
- Head of Student Experience
- Manager Performance and Delivery
- Manager Client Services
POSITIONS CURRENTLY ADVERTISED:
- Director Marketing (closes Sunday 25 February)
- Manager Events (closes Sunday 4 March)
- Senior Manager Finance Services (closes Monday 5 March)
- Senior Manager Client Services (UOC) (closes Tuesday 6 March)
POSITIONS BEING PREPARED FOR ADVERTISEMENT:
- Services Representative AskOtago x20
- Group Leader Supply Chain
- Group Leader Student Development
- Systems Services Manager
- Client Services Manager x5
- Strategic Finance x4
Additional positions may be advertised during this time. For a full list of vacancies please be sure to check the Current Vacancies section of the HR website.
Regular info sessions
Starting from next week, we are going to run regular staff information sessions that will focus on different themes/functions related to the new operating model. In the first session we will focus on the shared services model and in following sessions delve into more detail about each service (e.g. finance services and administration services). At each of these sessions we will give an overview of the service, how it is intended to work, the organisational structure and information about the staff that have been appointed thus far.
We will also record the sessions and add the recordings and other supporting material to the SSR website. The first session is tentatively scheduled from 10-11am on Friday 2 March. We will send out further information at the start of next week.
Thank you to those areas that returned the IT survey that was circulated at the end of 2017. The project team has had the opportunity to review the responses and the next step is for a small group of IT staff to visit each area to discuss each survey response in more detail. The project team is currently working on a schedule for these visits and will be in contact shortly with each area to arrange these meetings. The aim of these visits is to ensure that a plan is in place to support the IT activities of each department as we transition to the new operating model.
AskOtago is a foundational element of shared services that will support the implementation of all the services approved by the SSR Steering Group. It is critical that AskOtago is operational around the middle of this year and to meet this goal we have developed a plan to ensure this deadline is met. With a focus on appropriate staffing levels, knowledgebase development and ensuring adequate time is available for staff training, we have identified the need to advertise Customer Service Representative roles within AskOtago now.
As the staffing complement of AskOtago is greater than the current combined permanent staffing levels within the University Information Centre and IT Service Desk, we will shortly be advertising permanent AskOtago roles internally and externally.
We remind staff that you can access personal support through the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). EAP services are available to staff at any time through the existing provider, Stratos Ltd.
EAP services are confidential to you and based on a self-referral system. There is no requirement to advise or make a request to your manager. Further information can be found in the EAP section of the HR website.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) information on the HR website
The offsite login is 'uniotago' and the password is 'EAP'.
We welcome your feedback on the project implementation as it progresses. Contact us to discuss, or let us know if you need more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Support Services Review Project Team