Sent 8 March 2018
In this project update for the Support Services Review there are details about upcoming staff information sessions, responses to common questions, current and upcoming vacancies, and appointments made.
We encourage staff to continue to send through any questions or comments for this newsletter or the website using the ‘Have your say’ form.
Regular info sessions
On Monday 12 March at 2pm in the Castle 2 lecture theatre, we will be running the second staff information session. This session will cover finance and provide more detail regarding how finance services will be delivered post the SSR implementation.
Visit the SSR website to register and to see the full schedule of upcoming information sessions.
Ongoing budget review
In an earlier project update (SSR Project Update - Issue 6) we provided information regarding the need to update budgets to reflect changes to the organisational structure and how services are delivered. The level of activity in this area is likely to increase further over the coming months as significant Management of Change activity occurs.
In response to your questions
We have updated the SSR website with responses to a number of frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Training and Support
Coming soon: A programme to support staff to make good decisions about their career direction and future work choices. Developed by Jane Davis, who presented the 'Working during periods of change - flexibility and adaptable thinking' programme, this programme will be available from early April. More details will follow.
We remind staff that you can access personal support through the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). EAP services are available to staff at any time through the existing provider, Stratos Ltd.
EAP services are confidential to you and based on a self-referral system. There is no requirement to advise or make a request to your manager. Further information can be found in the EAP section of the HR website.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) information on the HR website
The offsite login is 'uniotago' and the password is 'EAP'.
We are pleased to announce the following appointments at Director and Manager level have been made:
- Director, Shared Services Division: David Tapp (Effective: 19 March)
- Senior Manager, Client Services (Shared Services)
- Health Sciences: Andrea Howard (Effective: 26 February)
- Division of Sciences: Cathy Thomson (Effective: 19 February)
- Division of Humanities: Niky Hunt (Naomi Weaver acting. Effective: 19 February)
- Division of Commerce: Lornae Straith (Effective: 19 February)
- Service Divisions: Marj Wright (Effective: 5 March)
- Senior Manager, Project Management Office: Andrew Jenkins (Effective: 30 April)
- Senior Manager, Finance Advisory (FSD): Sheryl Logie (Effective: 15 January)
- Manager, Divisional Finance
- Health Sciences: Andrea Wolf (Effective: 26 February)
- Division of Sciences: Brett Dailey (Effective: Half-time from 26 February)
- Divisions of Humanities and Commerce: Quentin Johnson (Effective: 19 March)
- Operations Divisions: Katherine Hendry (Effective: 13 March)
- Service Divisions: Sarah Browne (Effective: 13 March)
- Enterprise Architect (ITS): Dave Maclaurin (Effective: 1 February)
The intended recruitment activity for the coming months is as follows:
POSITIONS CURRENTLY SHORT-LISTING / INTERVIEWING:
- Head of Operations Services, Shared Services
- Senior Manager, IT Information Systems (ITS)
- Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure (ITS)
- Senior Manager IT Projects Unit (ITS)
- Head of Student Experience
- Manager Performance and Delivery
- Manager Client Services
- Director Marketing
POSITIONS CURRENTLY ADVERTISED:
- Service Representative AskOtago x 20 (closes Thursday 15 March)
POSITIONS BEING PREPARED FOR ADVERTISEMENT:
- Group Leader Supply Chain
- Group Leader Student Development
- Systems Services Manager
- Client Services Manager x 5
- Strategic Finance x 4
Additional positions may be advertised during this time. For a full list of vacancies please be sure to check the Current Vacancies section of the HR website.
We welcome your feedback on the project implementation as it progresses. Contact us to discuss, or let us know if you need more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Support Services Review Project Team