The School of Surveying employs two full time staff to manage and maintain its computer systems. Kelly Gragg is the Surveying Software Support and Data Management Scientific Officer and Aubrey Miller is the Geospatial Analysis Profession Practice Fellow.
The School of Surveying has two computer suites for undergraduate and postgraduate student use, a dedicated research lab, plus a number of additional computers for use by postgraduate and honours students.
- Survey software laboratory
- Spatial software laboratory
- Spatial Ecology Research Facility (SERF) laboratory
Access and rules
Students enrolled in 200 level and above Surveying papers have 24 hour seven day access to the relevant lab(s). After-hours access to the computer labs is by swipe card (student ID cards).
The School of Surveying has licenses for many leading software packages, including -
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop v10.3
- ERDAS Imagine / Stereo Analyst 2014
- Caris – HIPS & SIPS 9.1
- PCI Geomatica 10.1
- 12D Model 11.0
- Autodesk 2016
- Standard Desktop Productivity Tools
- Matlab (latest release via the University of Otago site license, see the Matlab page of ITS for more details, useful resources about Matlab@Otago including tutorials can also be found at www.otago.ac.nz/matlab)
- Microsoft Office
Software support/help in the School of Surveying is available from the following sources