The Spatial Software Laboratory (formerly the Spatial Lab) is the Geographic Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing and Hydrographic Surveying facility in the School of Surveying.
The Spatial Software Laboratory is equipped with high performance hardware, including:
- 32 computers, all with dual screens, i7 processors and 16GB RAM
- Data projector
- Colour capable wide format (up to A0) plotter
- Three scanners, including a high resolution (2800 dpi optical) A3 scanner and a 40 inch large format scanner.
The Spatial Software Laboratory has licenses for many leading software packages, including:
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop v10.5
- ERDAS Imagine / Stereo Analyst 2014
- Caris – HIPS & SIPS 9.1
- 12D Model 12.0
- BricsCAD v19
- Autodesk 2018
- Standard Desktop Productivity Tools
- Matlab 2018b
Students enrolled in 200 level and above Surveying papers have 24 hour seven day access to the relevant lab(s). After-hours access to the computer labs is by swipe card (student ID cards).
The use of this facility is subject to rules. Please check out the School of Surveying Lab Rules.
The Spatial Software Laboratory is managed and maintained by the School of Surveying. For any enquiry, please contact: