Jointly hosted by New Zealand Christians in Science and the University of Otago, and generously supported by the Templeton World Charity Inc., this conference will be examining the following questions:
- What are some of the more recent understandings of evolutionary dynamics?
- How did religious people in Russia and non-Western countries conceive of evolution?
- What is the history of evolution’s reception in New Zealand?
- How is theology impacted by an understanding of evolutionary altruism?
- How can we understand Jesus’ healing?
- How does a connection to nature in ecology help to overcome a sense of conflict between science and faith?
- How does Divine Providence work with evolutionary mechanisms?
To register your attendance, please follow the link: https://www.otago.ac.nz/conferences/beyond-conflict/
Funding is available to assist students with partial reimbursement of registration, travel and accommodation expenses. If you wish to enquire about financial assistance, please contact Dr Nicola Hoggard at email@example.com
|Date||Friday, 30 August 2019 - Saturday, 31 August 2019|
|Time||9:00am - 4:00pm|
|Location||Otago Business School, Ground Floor, Lecture Room G.17|
|Contact Name||University of Otago Events Team|
|Contact Phone||+64 3 479 9424|