Historical perspectives on leisure behaviour; the role and scale of contemporary recreation and leisure; social, economic and behavioural determinants of the demand for recreation; the identification and evaluation of recreational resources.
|Paper title||Leisure Dimensions|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$839.86|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,368.00|
- 54 200-level PHSE points
- Teaching staff
- To be advised.
- More information link
- View more information on the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences' website
- There is no compulsory text book. A reading list will be provided, which details the book chapter or research articles that complement each lecture. These readings will be available online and through course reserve in the library.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On completion of this paper students will be able to demonstrate:
- Historical, philosophical and social perspectives on leisure behaviour
- The role and scale of contemporary recreation and leisure
- Social, economic and behavioural determinants of the demand for recreation
- The identification of recreation resources