Our Transition Project offers events and activities to support students and their teachers in students' transitions to tertiary study in New Zealand.
2021 Secondary to tertiary transition project workshops
- 20-22 July 2021 (Combined Dunedin and Invercargill event, held in Dunedin)
Fieldtrip to Dunedin; Colombia National Day dinner and salsa night; University of Otago and Otago Polytechnic tours; Combined dinner and workshop with tertiary students focused on education pathways, stress and coping.
- April 2021: Mapping education pathways; exploring tertiary education options, application processes and funding opportunities; Southern Institute of Technology tour and lunch (Invercargill); Iftar dinner (Dunedin)
- March 2021 (Dunedin and Invercargill): ‘Welcome meet-ups’ and information sessions
- December 2020 (Dunedin and Invercargill): End of year celebration; revisiting maps; 2020 film preview; planning 2021
- October 2020 (Dunedin and Invercargill): Career speed-dating; starting film project
- July 2020 (Dunedin and Invercargill): Mapping a successful life; meeting schools’ liaison officers from local tertiary education institutions
- April 2020 (via zoom): introductions; mapping educational pathways; project planning
Transitions Project coverage online
- Helping find path to tertiary study (Otago Daily Times, 15 June 2021)
- Aspiring doctor determined to help other former refugee (Otago Daily Times, 5 June 2021)
- Project explores former refugees' educational pathways (Division of Humanities, University of Otago, 18 May 2021)
- Nagham Ghazzoul: From nothing to everything
- Global connections on refugee education: The Secondary to Tertiary Transitions Project, New Zealand