Please select the most convenient payment method below
Fees must be paid in New Zealand Dollars and can be paid by any one of the following methods:
- Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- Internet banking or Telegraphic Transfer
- Credit card (please note a 2% fee is added for credit card transactions)
- Cheque – made out to the “University of Otago Foundation Studies Ltd”
- EFTPOS over the counter at reception
Please ensure that the student's full name and student reference number is clearly stated on the payment.
Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
The University of Otago Language Centre and Foundation Year uses the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal for you to pay your tuition, accommodation and insurance fees. We prefer this system because it's a faster, more reliable way for you to pay. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer, or domestic transfer.
Five Reasons to use Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- It's easy to use and you can make your payment faster and receive your payment receipt sooner.
- Save money by choosing a telegraphic transfer from your bank. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- You can use your own currency and still be sure that your full payment amount will be made in New Zealand Dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- You get peace of mind, knowing that your payment will arrive in full, on time, without any extra charges or delays.
How to make your payment
- Log into the international student payment portal to make your payment.
- Enter your student information.
- Enter your payment amount in New Zealand Dollars.
- Select your payment method - telegraphic transfer - choose your country and currency*
- Enter the details of the person making the payment and print your bank transfer instructions.
- Complete your payment at your local bank branch or with online banking using the printed instructions.
*due to international banking regulations transactions in some currencies are not available. If your currency does not appear as an option, please select an alternative currency such as USD$.
Need help? email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our bank details are:
Account: University of Otago Foundation Studies Ltd.
Bank: Westpac New Zealand Ltd
Branch: Westpac Moray Place
Address: PO Box 5345
Account number: 03-0175-0660238-02
Swift Code: WPACNZ2W (for payments outside New Zealand)
After fees have been paid:
When we have received full payment of all fees, students will be sent a receipt, which will be required for the student visa application.