|Eligible students||International students in the University of Otago Pathway programme (Foundation Studies Certificate).|
|Value||NZ$4,000 for tuition fees|
|For how long||6 months|
|For study beginning in||February, June or October 2021|
|Closing date|| |
Applications are accepted throughout the year
The University of Otago Pathway programme offers a number of scholarships designed to support promising international students through pathway programmes into study at the University of Otago.
This scholarship applies to the University of Otago Pathway programme (Foundation Studies Certificate).
As part of the application process for the University of Otago Pathway programme (Foundation Studies Certificate), students will need to include a brief letter of introduction, requesting the scholarship. The letter should describe their academic achievements to date, their work habits and their academic goals.
The awarding of scholarships is at the absolute discretion of the University of Otago.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Have an Offer of Place for the University of Otago Pathway programme (Foundation Studies Certificate).
- The scholarships are only for international students. New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia are not eligible.
- Eligible students must have an Offer of Place for an eligible programme.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible. However, there may be exceptions related to COVID-19.
- The scholarship applies for one year of study only.
- The scholarship is applied as a tuition fee rebate.
- Unless an exception is specified, this scholarship cannot normally be held concurrently with other scholarships.
- In order to receive the scholarship, recipients must be enrolled and studying the programme stated in the Offer of Place.
- Recipients agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
- The University of Otago may, at any time, suspend or terminate the scholarship, or require the forfeiture of such proportion of the scholarship as the University of Otago may determine, if it is not satisfied that the recipient is enrolled and studying full-time, full-year, and diligently pursuing a full-time, full-year programme or if the recipient has brought the University of Otago or the scholarship into disrepute.
- Upon the termination of a student’s enrolment for any reason, including his or her withdrawal, entitlement to scholarship funding shall be cancelled. In such circumstances, the University may also require repayment (in part or full) of any scholarship payments already made