Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

Eligibility for Health Services


Insurance support & health services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable to the full cost of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed on their web-site at:


Accident insurance

The accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at


Health and travel insurance

It is compulsory for international students who are enrolled in a course for a period of 2 weeks or more to hold a current compliant health and travel insurance covering your study period and your visa period.
For information about complaint health and travel insurance, please visit

Our Student Support Team provides assistance around completing an insurance claim form.
Phone 00643 479 5711 or 00643 479 5253

If you would like to buy your own insurance policy, we need to ensure that it is compliant. Please submit a copy of your insurance policy wording in English to our Admissions Team.
Phone 00643 479 5250