MBChB (Dstn), BMedSc (Dstn), MInstD, FACHI, FRACP, PhD
Manutaki tuarua | Associate Dean Medical Education
Ahorangi tuarua | Associate Professor
Rebecca is an academic rheumatologist who is passionate about patient-focused care and medical education at all levels; undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing professional development. She has active research interests in rheumatology and medical education (student engagement, technology in education and health system improvement and curriculum development). She is a member of the Advanced Training committee in Rheumatology (NZ) and Adult Medicine Assessment Committee for the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and on the Education Committee of the Australasian College of Health Informatics.
Tel +64 4 385 6793
Research and Interests
- Development and assessment of mobile health tools for clinical care and self-care for clinicians and health care users
- Social media for participatory health and medical education
- Enhancing engagement and active learning in medical education
- Outcome measures in musculoskeletal and rheumatic disease
- Gout including inflammatory mechanisms, pharmacological treatment and clinical assessment
Rebecca is interested in supervising postgraduate students in any of the research areas listed above. Please contact her directly.