Wireless access for the UO Networks (Staff, Student, External and Guest) is available on
- Levels C and D in the Academic block and Link Block
- the Paediatric Department
- Level F in the Academic building refurbishment 2012 (Dept of GP)
- Level G in the Academic building refurbishment 2011 (Dept of Medicine)
- Level H in the Academic Block refurbishment 2013 (CTP)
- Level J in the Academic Block, Link Block and Ward Support Block (2015)
- Hutt Facility in the Clocktower building
- Radiation Therapy Building, Upper Car Park
To access the wireless staff service for UOW managed machines by UO staff members, the laptop must first be registered with Dunedin Networking. New laptops are being registered as part of the build process, but if you have an older machine we can assist with the registration process.
If you would like your laptop registered or require assistance please log a call with the Service Desk (0800 479-888 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will contact you to arrange a time.
To access the Student network for personal machines using an UO Student ID see the Student IT Services webpage.
A Guest wireless service is available for personal computers (this has internet access only, for up to two weeks)
An External Network is available for non UOW Managed machines.
Instructions for connecting to the UOW Staff wireless network for UOW Managed machines only
If using Windows 7, use the inbuilt Windows Network management tools and follow the instruction sheets provided by ITS.