For further information or to log a request please call 0800 479 888 or email email@example.com.
The following are some of main services provided by the ITSS Wellington Hub to UOW staff and students.
- Build new machines
- Rebuild machines
- Install licensed software
- Respond to 2nd level support requests
- Ensure security of computers using anti-virus software, anti-spyware, remote management applications, and applying security patches
- Configure laptops for Wireless and VPN access
- Manage sets of UO loaner iPads - booking information can be found at http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/services/teaching/otago034345.html
|Consultation, Advice and Training|
- Provide information/consultation with UOW staff regarding IT questions or needs
- Determine computer needs of UOW staff and advise on appropriate equipment
- Manage two sets of UO loaner iPads - booking information can be found at http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/services/teaching/otago034345.html
- Run "clinics" with departments/groups to discuss their short- and long-term needs and to advise of the Computer Facility's plans and activities.
- Offer in-house training for PC and email usage
- Facilitate training from external providers such as ITS Training Dunedin and Auldhouse
|Audio-Visual Support (incl. Zoom Video Conferencing)|
- To ensure proper functioning of audio-visual equipment in the UOW Teaching/Meeting rooms and Lecture Theatres.
- To provide training to UOW staff on using the Lecture Theatre and Teaching/Meeting Room AV equipment
- To facilitate video conference sessions in Zoom-equipped Teaching Rooms and the two Lecture Theatres
- To provide Zoom connectivity to remote teaching sites
- Computers, network printers, and some other hardware
- Software from ITS Site License and external vendors
|Student Computer Support|
- Manage the Student/Training Computer Lab Facilities
- Support students in the use of the Lab computers
- Support students in the use of their personal devices
The following are some services provided by the ITS departments of Dunedin.
- Respond to 1st level support requests
- Allocate 2nd level support requests to TS, Wellington
- Provide network connectivity within UOW
- Provide access to the internet