An important part of study with the OAMU is attendance at an annual Professional Visits Programme (PVP), held each year in a different location in order to ensure that all students get an opportunity to attend without having to travel too far. Students are expected to attend at least one school during the course of their study at Diploma and Masters level. The school provides an excellent set of practical site visits as well as the opportunity to strengthen your networks with colleagues, Faculty, and your fellow students. Visits are combined in some cases when appropriate, and in other cases the three "streams" (Aeromedical Retrieval/Transport, Occupational Medicine and Aviation Medicine) have parallel visits. Many students find them so valuable that they continue to attend even after graduating.
Taipei, Taiwan 2018
The 2018 Professional Visits Programme will take place in Taipei, Taiwan from 16th - 20th September 2018.
The program will follow the usual format of a half-day introductory session, followed by multiple site visits. There will be a wrap-up session on the Thursday afternoon prior to the final dinner. The final program will be distributed closer to the time.
Current participants include:
- China Airlines
- International Medical Centre, Taiwan Adventist Hospital (Involved in international patient transfer)
- The Graduate Institute of Aerospace and Undersea Medicine
- National Taiwan University Hospital Occupational Medicine Training Program
- Work hardening program
- Stainless Steel manufacturing
- Taiwan Civil Aeronautics Administration
- Tayoyuan International Airport medical and emergency services, including international patient transport
- EVA Air
Further military and civil site visits will be added over the coming weeks.
Registration is now open; please complete the online form to register. The cost of the programme will be NZ$3800 which will include five nights hotel accommodation, entry to all visits, ground transport for all visits, welcome function and final dinner, and lunch on Sunday 16th September.
- Welcome function: evening of Sunday 16th September.
- Mid-week dinner and charity auction: evening of Tuesday 18th September.
- Final dinner: evening of Thursday 20th September.