An important part of study with the OAMU is attendance at an annual Professional Visits Programme (PVP), held each year in a different location in order to ensure that all students get an opportunity to attend without having to travel too far. This year's PVP will be held in Toulouse (12-13 September 2019) and Lisbon (15-20 September 2019), and includes visits to:
- Airbus (Toulouse);
- AutoEuropa car manufacturing (Lisbon); and
- INEM (Emergency Medical Services in Lisbon).
Register for this PVP at: https://www.otago.ac.nz/conferences/oamu-residential-school-2019/
The one-week PVP provides excellent experiential learning as well as the opportunity to strengthen networks with colleagues, Faculty, and fellow students. Visits are combined in some cases when appropriate. In other cases, parallel visits are organised for the three "streams" (namely Aeromedical Retrieval/Transport, Occupational Medicine and Aviation Medicine).
The PVP's Learning Objectives are:
- To create and grow learning communities across the student cohort;
- To create and maintain a shared vision of lifelong learning for the group and individuals;
- To provide access to experiential learning that is otherwise not possible; and
- To create energy and direction for self-directed learners.