21 and 22 November 2019
University of Otago, Wellington
23a Mein Street, Newtown, Wellington 6242, New Zealand
Run annually since 2011, the symposium brings service users together with their counterparts and allies to explore service user leadership and co-production in mental health and addiction scholarship, research, education, programs and policy.
The 9th Service User Academia Symposium welcomes anyone involved with, interested in, or aspiring to create co-produced and/or service user-led initiatives in mental health and addiction, with a particular focus on the following themes:
- Intergenerational wellbeing
- Service user leadership in practice
- Co-design, delivery and evaluation in practice
- The privileging of previously unprivileged knowledge and approaches to wellbeing
- Ending discrimination; promoting recovery, social inclusion and respect for human
Are you new to the area? Check out last year’s program for an overview of ideas, topics and approaches taken.
- Call for abstracts and scholarship applications – 1 May 2019
- Notification of key-note speakers – 1 May 2019
- Abstracts and scholarship applications due – 9 June 2019
- Notification of abstract and scholarship outcomes – 3 July 2019
- Early bird call for registrations (presenters) – 15 July 2019
- Early bird call for registrations (all) – 15 August 2019 (please note that due to venue capacity places will be strictly limited so we do advise you register as early as possible.)
- Notification of awards – 1 September 2019
- Final call for registrations – 1 November 2019
- Preliminary programme available – 1 October 2019
- Final programme available – 1 November 2019
|Early bird registration||Full registration|
|Waged: NZ$300 +GST||Waged: NZ$400 +GST|
|Unwaged: NZ$150 +GST||Unwaged: NZ$150 +GST|
Please get in touch if you are facing barriers with the registration fees.
For any enquiries or to be put on the mailing list to receive communications about the symposium directly please contact Tracey Gardiner at firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Otago, Wellington – 23A Mein Street, Newtown, Wellington.
Proudly sponsored by:
More sponsors coming soon