Co-Search is a research collaboration established to guide an effective and fair COVID-19 pandemic response in Aotearoa New Zealand.
COVID-19 multidisciplinary research expertise
Co-Search brings together a diverse multidisciplinary team that includes pandemic experts from Otago, Massey, and Auckland universities, with expertise in:
- Disease modelling
- Vaccine strategy
Our collaboration includes Māori-led pandemic response research, equity impacts in New Zealand and of our response in the Pacific.
Our collaborators include emergency management experts and systems scientists, and we have research examining the lived experiences including visual documentation for the historical record.
Visit Our people for more about our members and their research interests.
Professor Michael Baker
Dr Amanda Kvalsvig
Research manager: Dr Virginia Signal
Co-Search research goals
The goals of our research are to:
- Describe the pandemic and its population health impacts in New Zealand and the Pacific
- Evaluate the response to help shape and improve its effectiveness and equity
- Contribute to long-term improvements in New Zealand’s ability to manage pandemic threats
- Identify health, equity and sustainability benefits arising from a well-designed recovery
Funding our COVID-19 research
Co-Search is greatly appreciative of all the support our investigators receive:
- Health Research Council of New Zealand (HRC), and Ministry of Health
- Sargood Bequest, Wigram Foundation, and other donors
The collaboration also receives salary and administrative support from the University of Otago, Massey, and Auckland universities.