This global symposium, held at the University of Otago, Wellington from 19-20 February 2018, brought together people from Australia, New Zealand and Pacific nations to share information, ideas and potential solutions relating to cancer among Indigenous peoples of the region.
Thank you to the contributors, participants and everyone involved in making this such an outstanding event.
Following the symposium, a number of outputs have resulted including:
- Symposium Declaration (Te Reo)
- Symposium Declaration (English)
- Letter published in Lancet Oncology (June 2018)
- Letter of response from the Director General of the WHO, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in Lancet Oncology (June 2018)
- Media release (June 2018)
- Māori Television media story (June 2018)
The powerpoint slides from each symposium presentation are available below.
DAY 1 Presentations
DAY 2 Presentations
Public lecture recording
View the video recording of the public lecture by Dr Freddie Bray, 'Development and diversity: assessing the future burden of cancer worldwide'.
Thank you again to everyone involved with this symposium. For further information please contact the conference organiser, Professor Diana Sarfati on firstname.lastname@example.org