These links point to simple to read coverage of some smokefree outdoor topics.
Conference and seminar presentations and posters
- Thomson G, Delany L, Wilson N. Smokefree policies for outdoor public places: What are the ethical issues? [Oral presentation] World Congress on Public Health, Melbourne, April 3-7, 2017.
- Gifford H, Thomson G, Martin J, Parata K, Wilson N. Issues and options for progress towards a smokefree city: a case study for smokefree outdoor policies. [Poster POS2-187]. Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco Annual Conference, Florence, Italy, 8-11 March 2017.
- Thomson G, Delany L, Wilson N. The ethics of smokefree outdoor policies. ESPMH conference, Zagreb, August 18-20th, 2016.
- Edwards R, Thomson G, Wilson N, Collins D. Attitudes to outdoor smokefree policies in the USA and Canada. [Poster] SRNT Conference, Chicago IL, March 3-5 2016: Abstract book p161
- Thomson G, Wilson N, Edwards R. Better smokefree signs at schools and hospitals? NZ Public Health Association Conference, Dunedin, 7-9th September, 2015
- Thomson G, Wilson N. Taking the smoke out of ‘a smoke and a drink’. NZ Public Health Association Conference, Dunedin, 7-9th September, 2015
- Thomson G. Natasha Martin, Hugh McHugh, Jono Murtagh, Connor Oliver-Rose, Div Panesar, Harriet Pengelly, Scott Rieper, Henry Schofield, Vidit Singh, Amanda Speed, Rhona Strachan, Te Kahui Tapsell, Sara Trafford, Stefan van Ryn, Ethan Ward, Rosie Whiting, Merryn Wilson-van Duin, Zhou Wua, Amber L. Pearson, Nick Wilson, Frederieke S. Van der Deen. The visibility of tobacco brand imagery on cigarette packs outside of bars and cafés. SRNT Europe Conference: Santiago de Compostela, September 18-20, 2014 (poster)
- Thomson G. Taking smokefree streets seriously. UCSF seminar. August 22nd, 2014
- Thomson G, Pearson A, Nutsford D, Jayasinghe S, Wilson N and Group C Medical Students. The visibility of smoking outside bars and cafés: New methodology and results. [Presentation] Oceania Tobacco Control Conference 23-25 October 2013, Auckland.
Presentations from the Smokefree Outdoors Policy Forum, Wellington, 11th February 2016
- Zoe Hawke (Hapai) - Waahi Tapu & Smokefree Urban Environments
- George Thomson, Nick Wilson (Otago) - Smokefree signs: at playgrounds, schools & hospitals
- George Thomson (Otago) - Report on the SMOKEFREE WELLINGTON PROJECT: 2015-16
- George Thomson (Otago) - Background & international outdoor smokefree area policies
- Caitlin Bush, Cherry Morgan & Leitu Tufuga -Smokefree Auckland - It's about our tamariki
- Lindsay Robertson (Otago) -Smokefree Policies in Universities, Polytechnics & Wānanga
- Louise Marsh (Otago) - Smokefree Urban Areas in New Zealand
- Louise Marsh (Otago) - Smokefree Outdoor Areas in the Future