Wednesday 8 February 2023 (Online)
Literature review and basic meta-analysis skills will cover the key steps around conducting a literature review and then a meta-analysis. It will be held online and include demonstration of applicable software.
- Managing identified literature in EndNote.
- Using the PRISMA Checklist (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses).
- Use of RevMan to prepare and conduct a meta-analysis.
Style of teaching
This is an online course via Zoom. It will combine theory, discussion and demonstration of software using practical examples.
Who should attend?
- Those wanting to perform literature reviews that feed into meta-analyses.
- Those wanting to understand the basic components of performing a meta-analysis (whether or not they end up doing them).
|9:00am||Literature review: an introduction |
Appraising the quality of systematic reviews
|11:00am||Searching for evidence and including studies using |
Endnote and Covidence
|1:30pm||Risk of Bias included studies||Vanessa Jordan|
|3:30pm||Meta analysis using RevMan||Vanessa Jordan|
This course will be held online via Zoom.
- Dr Vanessa Jordan (Cochrane Fellow, University of Auckland), possibly with some assistance from others for specific case studies
Course cost and registration
$225 early bird, $300 after 21 December 2022.
A 50% discount is available to full-time students, those unwaged and University of Otago staff.