Tuesday 11 February 2020
Literature review and basic meta-analysis skills will be held in the computer lab at the University of Otago, Wellington and will cover the key steps around conducting a literature review and then a meta-analysis.
- Managing identified literature in EndNote.
- Using the PRISMA Checklist (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses).
- Use of RevMan to prepare and conduct a meta-analysis.
Style of teaching
Computer lab - hands-on course combining theory, discussion and practical exercises. Course attendance is limited to 16 participants.
Who should attend?
- Those wanting to perform literature reviews that feed into meta-analyses.
- Those wanting to understand the basic components of performing a meta-analysis (whether or not they end up doing them).
|9:00am||Literature review: an introduction
Searching for evidence
|1:30pm||Appraising the quality of systematic reviews
|3:30pm||RevMan - introduction and practical||Vanessa Jordan|
- Dr Vanessa Jordan (Cochrane Fellow, University of Auckland), possibly with some assistance from others for specific case studies
Course cost and registration
$300 early bird, $400 after 19 December 2019.
A 50% discount is available to full-time students, those unwaged and University of Otago staff.