Te whakahauora i te kōhau rōwhare
Tuesday 27 February 2018
Are you interested in knowing what air quality issues New Zealand faces, especially how air quality relates to the health and comfort of people? Would you like to know how we can minimise our exposures to poor air quality?
This seminar-style course provides an essential introduction to what is air pollution and what issues are unique to New Zealand. This course will explore how air pollution affects the health and wellbeing of people and what factors we can change to reduce the numbers of hospital admissions and deaths due to air pollution.
- What is indoor air quality and what are issues are unique to New Zealand?
- How does indoor air quality affect the health of people?
- What can be done to improve indoor air quality?
- How can building design improve indoor air quality?
Symposium - Multi-speaker presentations in lecture theatre setting.
This course is suitable for people studying or working in policy, building design and health.
Session 1: What is indoor air quality and NZ issues
Session 2: How does the indoor environment affect people's health?
Session 3: What can we do to improve air quality?
Session 4: How can buildings protect us?
|5pm||Finish - Drinks and nibbles|
- Dr. Guy Coulson, Air Quality Scientist, NIWA
- Dr. Bill Trompetter, Ion Beam Analysis/Air Quality Scientist, GNS Science
- Dr. Perry Davy, Air Quality Scientist, GNS Science
- Dr. Mikael Boulic, Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Massey University, Auckland
- Dr. Caroline Shorter, Research Fellow, Wellington Asthma Research Group, University of Otago, Wellington
- Dr. Julie Bennett, Research Fellow, He Kainga Oranga/Housing and Health Research Group, University of Otago, Wellington
- Professor Philippa Howden-Chapman, Programme Director of He Kainga Oranga/Housing and Health Research Programme; Director, New Zealand Centre for Sustainable Cities; lead researcher for the Resilient Urban Futures programme. University of Otago, Wellington.
- Dr. Teri-Ann Berry, Senior Lecturer, Engineering, Unitec, Auckland
- Kerry Cheung - SGS New Zealand Ltd
- Prof. Robyn Phipps, Professor in Construction, School of Engineering and Advanced Technology. Massey University, Auckland.
- Patrick Arnold, Director, eCubed
- A. Professor Michael Donn - Building Environments School of Architecture, Victoria University
$300 early bird, $400 after 20 December 2017.
A 50% discount is available to full-time students, those unwaged and University of Otago staff.